Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Zinnia Tangent




I loved all of the Anne of Green Gables books when I was younger (okay, still love 'em now), but the one thing that really bugged me about her (besides how long it took her to realize she loved Gilbert) was that she hated zinnias!


What!?!! How can anyone hate zinnias?!!? Besides being so easy to grow that even I can't kill them, zinnias are so bright and fresh! Part of my job as Events Coordinator to the Governor's Mansion is arranging flowers for all of our Mansion events. In the summer I love cutting a whole bunch of zinnias. The State Dining Room in the Mansion is a bit dark and the zinnias just liven it right on up! And afterwards, PERHAPS they find their way to my coffee table at home?


Anne Shirley, I never thought I'd say it...but you are CLEARLY on drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment